Own Your Own Development
What role do coaches play in an executive’s development? This article provides interesting insights in key areas:
“CCL’s approach to coaching rests on several factors, including:
- The manager — not the coach — chooses what to focus on.
- The process is customized for each person.
- The coachee owns her development; the coach guides the process.
- The coach is a thinking partner, not an authority/expert.
- There is no “content” to cover.
- It is a developmental process over time, not an event.”
Source: Center For Creative Leadership